Friday, February 19, 2010

My Trip Down Quotable Lane

"If at first you do not succeed . . . ,” your parents will tell you the reason why. " Silence is golden" unless you're about to be hanged. "A penny saved is a penny earned" before income tax. "Give me liberty or give me death" but I prefer liberty. "Read my lips" because it sounds better. "To err is human" but to keep doing it over again is a crime. " I cannot tell a lie" before elected to Congress. "Milk does the body good" unless you've got a milking machine attached to you. A lobbyist in the hand maybe considered worth two in the bush but sounds dirty to me. "Just a spoon full of sugar makes the medicine go down" unless you’re a diabetic. Simper Fi unless you are John Edwards. "Can you hear me now . . . " since the election in Massachusetts? It's hard to climb the ladder to success when the Government keeps adding another level. One argument for global warming is the smoke coming out of Al Gore's head. 'Where there’s a will there’s a way . . . " until the government taxes your earnings away. If your momma enlisted in the Army, she does wear combat boots. "It's water under the bridge" unless the Federal Government designed it. If you don't know the reason why, we have the best politicians, money can buy. "If at first you don't succeed . . . ,” blame it on someone else. When given half a chance, there's a 50 percent chance of failure. "If a tree falls in the forest . . .," who will the environmentalists blame.

No comments:

Post a Comment